An afternoon of free talks and workshops in central Brighton. If you’re keen on One Planet Living, fanatical about photography or just want an inspiring afternoon, this event is for you.
Photography and One Planet Living will come together to stunning visual effect at a free event in Brighton on 13 June where the winners of a city-wide photography competition will be announced.
Saturday 13 June, 1 – 5pm
Conference Hall, Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE
Come along to this fabulous event to:
- See the winning entries in our One Planet City photo competition – prizes will be presented
- Hear from three of the One Planet City photographers talking about their commissioned photo essays: Syd Shelton, Amanda Jackson & Jonathan Goldberg
- Join one of two possible workshops:
- How do professional photographers respond to commissioning briefs and how does this ?
- How to we live more environmentally in the city according to One Planet Living principles?
You will be able to sign up to the workshop you are most interested in on arrival.
As part of the One Planet City photography project, FotoDocument, Bioregional and Photoworks, commissioned ten professional photographers to each create a photo essay on one of the ten principles of One Planet Living.
The work has been on display in twelve diverse public locations around the city since October 2014, when it launched as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial. Venues include Hove Promenade, Brighton Railway Station, Brighton Open Market, Amex Community Football Stadium.
The exhibitions have more recently been accompanied by a public competition, open to all Brighton and Hove residents, until 7 June at 5pm. All entries are displayed on the FotoDocument website and show One Planet Living principles interpreted by local residents. The winners of the competition will be announced at this event.
This is a free event but you need to book a place.